Saturday 14 April 2012

Andy Warhol: After The Party



a few days ago now i had a thought about my project and how the theme of beauty in the unexpected/dishevelled/broken does not necessarily apply only to old/vintage objects. In a modern sense, it could apply to recent mess and dirt (i have touched on this briefly before with my exploration into unmade beds). This screenprint by Andy Warhol was my inspiration for this idea; it has made quite a beautiful and interesting spectacle of the aftermath of a party which is usually seen as unclean and a hassle. I mean to use this concept in my work, but also to try and influence my work. the last of my digital collages (previous post) shows a more contrasting effect using black and white photographs and objects instead of a range of colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment